Booting a blade server for an OS install can be confusing at first. There is no DVD or CD drive! It’s very simple once you know where to go. Here is a quick start guild to get you up and running. This assumes the Digital KVM Ip address is 192.168.4.1 in this example.
- Make sure you have Java installed on your computer already
- Login, default login name is root with the password calvin
- Media -> Pick your blade -> Attach
- After you are attached click on “Launch Media Application”
- Select the ISO on your workstation to mount on the blade. By default the blade boots to the CD/ISO if detected. But you might need to specify the boot device if anything as been changed. F2 to access the BIOS if you need to.